Mrs. B’s Home Cooking catches fire Sunday morning

Mrs. B’s Home Cooking catches fire Sunday morning
According to Montgomery Fire/Rescue Captain Jason Cupps, units responded to the restaurant on Cullman Street and found the building with heavy fire in the back. (Source: Montgomery Fire/Rescue)

MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - Mrs. B’s Home Cooking, a well-known Montgomery restaurant, caught fire early Sunday morning.

According to Montgomery Fire/Rescue Captain Jason Cupps, units responded to the restaurant on Cullman Street at around 2:30 a.m. and found the building with heavy fire in the back. Crews made an interior attack and a second alarm was called shortly after.

It’s been quite a busy 24 hours! Assisting with the tornado in Wetumpka, 2 second alarm fires, and a fire in a gazebo on a golf course! More pics to come. Here’s a quick clip of the fire on Cullman Street early this morning. Thankfully, the Fire was brought under control with no reports of any injuries.

Posted by Montgomery Fire/Rescue on Sunday, January 20, 2019

Cupps said other crews responded and faced a fire fueled by heavy winds, but they were able to contain and extinguish the blaze.

Cupps said at the time of the fire the building was considered to be unoccupied, with no civilians found and no officers injured.

Copyright 2019 WSFA 12 News. All rights reserved.