Lightning sparks attic fire - WSFA.com Montgomery Alabama news.

Lightning sparks attic fire

Roofing insulation sits in a pile in front of a home struck by lightning Thursday. Roofing insulation sits in a pile in front of a home struck by lightning Thursday.

Montgomery, Ala. (WSFA) -- Thursday's strong storms may have moved out, but they left a lasting mark on one Montgomery family's home.

Lightning hit a house at 655 Sagamore Drive Thursday evening in the Dalraida neighborhood.

Neighbors heard the boom and rushed over to help douse flames that were shooting up from the house's attic.

The owner, Randy McFarland wasn't home when the accident happened but when he learned of the situation he responded, "They did a great job...Another five minutes and the whole attic would have been burned off."

No one was hurt in the incident and the home is salvagable.

Ironically, Mr. McFarland is a former firefighter.

Powered by Frankly