1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WSFA TV ("Station"), 12 E. Delano Ave., Montgomery, AL 36105; Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail, 167 Sunbelt Parkway, Birmingham, AL; Bishop Parker Furniture; Jack Ingram Motors (collectively "Sponsor(s)"). The promotion begins at September 1, 2009 and ends at October 9, 2009. Entries must be received by 12:01am October 8, 2009. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of Alabama, who are 25 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees of the Sponsor(s) and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per individual is eligible, and multiple entries will be disqualified.
3. How to Enter. There is one way to enter this promotion. Beginning at September 1, 2009, individuals may log on to www.wsfa.com and complete the online entry form. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants. Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
4. Prize. There will be one winner of this promotion. The winner will be awarded the following prize package, which has an estimated value of $1500: (i) one hotel room at The Grand Hotel in Fairhope, AL arriving November 6, 2009 and departing on November 8, 2009; (ii) dinner November 6 & 7 (details to be determined and announced by Station); (iii) a playing position in an 18 hole golf tournament on November 7 at Lakewood Country Club golf course (the golf tournament may be cancelled by Station for inclement weather or other force majeure event); and (iv) $200 in cash for gasoline. Note that the green fees and cart for the golf tournament are included in the prize package, but the winner is responsible for his/her own golf clubs, golf balls, tees, golf shoes, etc. All other expenses, including but not limited to meals, drinks, snacks, incidentals at the hotel, long distance, transportation and other miscellaneous expenses, are not included in the prize package and are the winner's sole responsibility.
Note that the winner will have a chance to win $250,000 in cash during the golf tournament on November 7, 2009 if, and only if, he/she makes a hole-in-one on 1 of the 2 designated holes during the tournament; provided that he/she meets all of the following: he/she is not a PGA professional (former or current); he/she takes only one shot (no practice shots, no mulligans, etc.) at the designated holes; the hole-in-one is witnessed by the two witnesses provided by Station (one of which must be a PGA professional); he/she complies with all golf course and USGA rules; a completed and signed scorecard is provided to Station as well as any other documentation required by Station; there is no evidence of fraud; and all instructions provided by Station at the designated holes are strictly followed. Failure to strictly follow each of these requirements will make the winner ineligible to receive the $250,000 in cash if he/she makes a hole-in-one. If he/she makes a hole-in-one on the first designated hole, he/she will not be entitled for a chance to win a cash prize on the second designated hole. The hole-in-one is subject to approval and investigation by an insurance company (or their agent), which may include a polygraph by the individual claiming the hole-in-one. All decisions made by Station are final and binding.
Note that the winner will also have a chance to win $50,000 during the golf tournament in a mini putting match if he/she is the first individual to make all 3 of the 3 designated putts from the locations specified by Station; provided that he/she meets all of the following: he/she is not a PGA professional (former or current); he/she takes only one putt (no practice putts, no mulligans, etc.) at the designated holes; the putts are witnessed by the two witnesses provided by Station (one of which must be a PGA professional); he/she complies with all golf course and USGA rules; a completed and signed affidavit is provided to Station as well as any other documentation required by Station; there is no evidence of fraud; and all instructions provided by Station are strictly followed. Failure to strictly follow each of these requirements will make the winner ineligible to receive the $50,000 in cash if he/she makes the putts. Note that only the first person to make all of the putts wins, at which time the putting match will end. The putts are subject to approval and investigation by an insurance company (or their agent), which may include a polygraph by the individual claiming the $50,000. Station will be responsible for determining the order of participation. All decisions made by Station are final and binding.
5. How the Winner is Selected. The winner will be chosen by random from the entries on wsfa.com on October 9, 2009.
6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
7. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winner will be required to execute and return a release/indemnity and affidavit of eligibility within 3 business days of prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited. A winner must agree to stay at the hotel on the designated days. Prize notification will be via email or telephone, at Station's discretion.
Winner will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the promotion, as well as transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. The prize package will be reported to the IRS as required by law. Winner will receive an IRS Form 1099. The prize package may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration by the winner. Sponsor(s) may substitute a prize with equal or greater value. The winner may not assign, sell or transfer the prize package or any portion thereof.
Winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, winner acknowledges that Station, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize, stream, post and/or broadcast winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he/she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
8. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize, however caused.
9. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by Station to ensure fairness of the promotion and/or the original intent. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by Station are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of wsfa.com, or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion. By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that Station and the other Sponsor(s) of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that Station may release entrant's personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose. Station is not responsible for the use of entrant's personally identifiable information by the other Sponsor(s).
10. Winner's Name. Winner's name will be posted on www.wsfa.com on October 9 through October 19, 2009.