The American Red Cross of Central Alabama will offer three opportunities to take its certified nurse assistant training course over the coming months.
Day classes will take place Oct. 5 - 29, Nov. 2 - 24, or Nov. 30 - Dec. 23. All courses will be held from 8:30 till 3:00 on weekdays at the Red Cross office, 5015 Woods Crossing in Montgomery.
The nurse assistant training program is patient-centered and prepares nurse assistants to work in hospitals, nursing homes, home health and long-term care settings. Coursework includes learning:
- To help people stay independent
- To take vital signs, including blood pressure, respiration and temperature
- To understand and help patients dealing with physical pain
- To be sensitive to patients and their families
- To improve communication skills
- To understand medical terms
- To understand and help patients with a variety of needs
Participants will also get hands-on experience in an actual health care setting and will learn how to conduct a successful job search, create an effective resume and develop interviewing techniques.