MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - The 2009 silver haired legislature wraps us at the statehouse.
Wednesday, the seniors ended their annual session with sending their top 5 items to Governor Riley.
The top 5:
1. Appropriate $12,060,000.00 to department senior services for personal choices program statewide.
2. Increase department of senior service funding by $3,000,000.00 for area agencies on aging.
3. Implement a program to reimburse or provide tax credit for home caregivers.
4. Increase personal needs allowance for certain nursing home residents.
5. Require nursing and assisted living facilities to provide wrist or ankle bracelets.
The regular legislative session begins in January.