Selma man dies in house fire

Posted by: John Shryock - bio | email

SELMA, AL (WSFA) - A weekend house fire has claimed the life of a Selma man.

Henry Lee Williams, Sr., 54, was found dead around 9:30pm Saturday at his home on Lamar Avenue.

Fire investigators believe the fire started on top of the kitchen stove. Williams' body was found in the front of the home.

A preliminary investigation has determined both the fire and fatality were accidental, but an autopsy will be performed to determine official cause of death.

©2009 WSFA. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.