Keeping your New Year's resolution of losing weight - WSFA.com Montgomery Alabama news.

Keeping your New Year's resolution of losing weight

(NBC) - It's one of the top resolutions many of us make every New Year -- lose some weight.  Now one doctor says you can do it -- and keep it off if you follow his simple advice.

Dr. Douglas Cluff, the man behind the SvelteLife Weight Loss Program, said losing weight begins at the grocery store.  It's all in how you fill your cart.

"If 80 percent of what you eat is healthy," Cluff explained, "You can totally have fun with the other 20 percent."

The family doctor from Texas teaches patients and clients how to read food labels and choose their food wisely.

"So if you go to frosted mini-wheats, you got the frosted part," Cluff said, "But even look up here, you've got six grams of fiber."

The entire weight loss system is also online in a program called "SvelteLife".

The simple program emphasizes healthy eating, realistic goals, stress management and regular exercise with routines he developed.  Cluff said you get an amazing workout of most major muscle groups in about 10 minutes.

Ashley Baxter struggled with her weight for years -- then lost 67 pounds over three years on the SvelteLife program.

"It's actually very easy," explained Baxter, "But the hardest part is the fact that it takes a long time. You have to slowly change your life so that you can keep it that way and then your weight will come off slowly and surely and you'll become more healthy."

Cluff said the key is watching what you eat and how much.

"What people eat is nowhere near as important as how much of it they eat," Cluff said. "And so in moderation, that 80-20 rule is crucial."

 

  • NewsMore>>

  • Ticket mix-up put family on ill-fated Missouri tourist boat

    Ticket mix-up put family on ill-fated Missouri tourist boat

    Saturday, July 21 2018 12:18 AM EDT2018-07-21 04:18:54 GMT
    Saturday, July 21 2018 9:37 AM EDT2018-07-21 13:37:34 GMT
    (AP Photo/Charlie Riedel). People pray outside Ride the Ducks, an amphibious tour operator involved in a boating accident on Table Rock Lake, Friday, July 20, 2018 in Branson, Mo.(AP Photo/Charlie Riedel). People pray outside Ride the Ducks, an amphibious tour operator involved in a boating accident on Table Rock Lake, Friday, July 20, 2018 in Branson, Mo.

    More than half of the 17 people killed when a tourist boat sank on a Branson lake were members of the same Indiana family, and they likely wouldn't have been on the ill-fated trip but for a ticket mix-up.

    More >>

    More than half of the 17 people killed when a tourist boat sank on a Branson lake were members of the same Indiana family, and they likely wouldn't have been on the ill-fated trip but for a ticket mix-up.

    More >>
  • Migos' Offset arrested on felony gun charges in Georgia

    Migos' Offset arrested on felony gun charges in Georgia

    Friday, July 20 2018 10:16 PM EDT2018-07-21 02:16:05 GMT
    Saturday, July 21 2018 9:36 AM EDT2018-07-21 13:36:16 GMT
    Offset of the hip-hop group Migos is facing two felony gun charges. (Photo by Robb Cohen/Invision/AP)Offset of the hip-hop group Migos is facing two felony gun charges. (Photo by Robb Cohen/Invision/AP)

    Offset of the hip-hop group Migos is facing two felony gun charges after he and his bodyguard were pulled over outside of Atlanta.

    More >>

    Offset of the hip-hop group Migos is facing two felony gun charges after he and his bodyguard were pulled over outside of Atlanta.

    More >>
  • Putin idea for Ukraine referendum rejected by White House

    Putin idea for Ukraine referendum rejected by White House

    Saturday, July 21 2018 12:09 AM EDT2018-07-21 04:09:56 GMT
    Saturday, July 21 2018 9:22 AM EDT2018-07-21 13:22:34 GMT
    (AP Photo/Susan Walsh). President Donald Trump waves as he walks across the South Lawn of the White House in Washington, Friday, July 20, 2018, to board Marine One for a short trip to Andrews Air Force Base, Md., en route to Bedminster N.J., for the we...(AP Photo/Susan Walsh). President Donald Trump waves as he walks across the South Lawn of the White House in Washington, Friday, July 20, 2018, to board Marine One for a short trip to Andrews Air Force Base, Md., en route to Bedminster N.J., for the we...

    The White House says the Trump administration "is not considering supporting" a Vladimir Putin-backed call for a referendum in the eastern Ukraine.

    More >>

    The White House says the Trump administration "is not considering supporting" a Vladimir Putin-backed call for a referendum in the eastern Ukraine.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly