Mom, daughter dead in Clanton house fire - WSFA.com Montgomery Alabama news.

Mom, daughter dead in Clanton house fire

Posted by: John Shryock - bio | email

CLANTON, AL (WSFA) - A mother and her daughter are dead after a weekend house fire in Chilton County.

The fire started early Sunday Morning in Clanton.  The Clanton Fire and police departments were called to the blaze at 3941 Reed Street around 3:15.

When they arrived on the scene officials say the double-wide mobile home was fully engulfed with flames.

The remains of the homeowner, Charlene Denise Jackson, 25, and her two-year-old daughter Imya Jackson were found inside. 

Investigators say the fire started in the living room where Jackson and her daughter were sleeping due to the extreme cold. 

Foul play is not suspected at this time, but an official determination of how the fire started has not yet been made. Authorities suspect two electric heaters, a wood stove and a wall mounted propane heater in the living room are to blame. 

©2009 WSFA. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Powered by Frankly