MILLBROOK, AL - Robinson Springs United Methodist Church(RSUMC) in Millbrook will be a drop off center in support of the United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR).
UMCOR is collecting health kits and monetary donations in support of its efforts on the ground in Haiti. Listed below are items needed for the kits:
Place these items inside a sealed one-gallon plastic bag.
· 1 hand towel (15" x 25" up to 17" x 27", No kitchen towels)
· 1 washcloth
· 1 comb (large and sturdy, not pocket-sized)
· 1 nail file or fingernail clippers (no emery boards or toenail clippers)
· 1 bath-size bar of soap (3 oz. and up)
· 1 toothbrush (single brushes only in original wrapper, No child-size brushes)
· 6 adhesive plastic strip sterile bandages
· $1.00 to purchase toothpaste
Dr. Chris Perry, pastor for RSUMC and the District Disaster Response Coordinator for the Alabama West Florida Conference for the UMC said " We are grateful for the ongoing support of the community in our effort to aid the people of Haiti. We encourage citizens in our community to come by the church and drop off the desperately needed supplies and donations." The supplies and donations will be forwarded to Haiti along with the other conferences as quickly as possible.
UMCOR was saddened to lose its leader, Rev. Sam Dixon who perished in earthquake in Haiti. http://www.umc.org/site/apps/nlnet/content3.aspx?c=lwL4KnN1LtH&b=2789369&ct=7808151