MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - The Alabama law Foundation has announced the recipients of their Kids' Chance Scholarship Fund.
The Kids' Chance Scholarship Fund helps students whose parent or parents have been permanently disabled or killed on the job to attend college or technical school.
Kids' Chance is administered by the Alabama Law Foundation. This year's awards totaled more than $34,000. The program has awarded $456,000 in scholarships to more than 169 students since 1993.
The Workers' Compensation Section of the Alabama State Bar founded Kids' Chance in 1992.
The Kids' Chance Scholarship recipients from around the state are as follows:
- William Bamberg, Jr. Selma - $2,500
- Justin Boyles, Russellville - $1,000
- Keslie Boyles, Russellville - $1,500
- Christoper Cupit, Demopolis - $1000
- Stephen Cupit, Demopolis - $2,500
- Hayley Fondren, Northport - $1,000
- Ashley Henry, Headland - $2000
- Casey King, Dothan - $2,500
- Kyle Moody, Florence - $2,000
- Kellie Oliver, Phil Campbell - $2,500
- Kellsie Oliver, Phil Campbell - $2,500
- Jarred Pate, Cordova - $1,000
- Brittany Patterson, Sweet Water - $2,000
- Ashley Penecost, Decatur - $2,000
- Haley Prestridge, Jasper - $2,000
- Hailey Taylor, Tibbie - $2,000
- Malaika Washington, York - $1,500
- Heather Williams, Pisgah - $2,500