MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - The Junior League of Montgomery's 2010 recognition awards for its members and the announcement of the League's Proposed Funded Projects for the 2010-2011 year will take place at the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts on Tuesday, May 18 at 7 p.m.
The League will present checks to the following agencies:
- $25,000 to the Family Justice Center to fund a playroom/waiting room as well as an exam room for the children
- $9,650 to the Girl Scouts of Central Alabama to fund a girl's resource room
- $9,650 to Lee High School Library to help fund books for the library as well as an incentives program
- $5,400 to Resurrection Catholic to help fund coats for the children
- $4,600 to Say No to help fund a book club for 24 girls
- $5,000 to Impact Alabama to help with marketing materials to reach out to low income families
- $10,000 to Montgomery County Water Festival to fund the free environmental educational field trip for 3,000 fourth graders from all public and private schools
- $4,500 to the Family Sunshine Center to fund container gardening for the children of the Exodus Community
- $8,000 to the Cancer Wellness Center to fund medicines and other necessities of the patients
- $6,000 to Brantwood Children's Home to fund clothing, shoes, and coats for the children
- $4,500 to the Boys and Girls Club to purchase reading materials for the children
These funded projects total $93,200 from the Junior League of Montgomery.
The Junior League of Montgomery is an organization committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women and improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable.