Investigators: Child playing with lighter starts fire

MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - Montgomery firefighters responded to a large fire at the Village Green Apartments Thursday afternoon.

Fire Investigators say a child was playing with a lighter and caught a bed on fire. Scared, they say he shut the door.

Some time passed before the blaze was discovered. A couple of units suffered extensive damage, but no one was hurt in the fire.

A number of people are without a place to stay.

Copyright 2010 WSFA. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.