Montgomery Fire Fighters respond to a two alarm fire Thursday afternoon and investigators say a child is to blame. It happened at the Village Green Apartment.
Fire investigators say a five year old child was playing with a lighter on a bed and it caught fire. Scared, they say the child shut the door and some time passed before the fire was discovered.
The fire caused extensive damaged to a couple of apartments but no one was hurt. "Luckily the did get out, but there was a little bit of delay getting this fire called in. The child got scared and shut the door, so there was some time before this fire was discovered," says Fire Chief William Davis.
Chief Davis recommends to keep this from happening at your home, put all lighters and matches out of a child's reach.
The red cross says it will put up 12 people in hotel rooms Thursday night.
Officials say nearly 20 other people rescued from the back of the rig early Sunday were hospitalized in dire condition, many with extreme dehydration and heatstroke.More >>
The president's son-in-law has attracted attention for a December meeting with a leading Russian diplomat.More >>
Activists supporting the baby's parents will gather Sunday outside the High Court in London where legal proceedings will resume Monday with new medical evidence expected.More >>
One of Anthony Scaramucci's first acts after accepting President Donald Trump's offer to be the new White House communications director was to apologize to Trump.More >>
Trump, GOP-led Congress on a possible collision course over a Russia sanctions package that demands Congress' permission before lifting or easing the economic penalties to be leveled against Moscow.More >>