Overnight fire burns Montgomery restaurant - WSFA.com Montgomery Alabama news.

Overnight fire burns Montgomery restaurant

MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - A Montgomery restaurant went up in flames late Wednesday night, and the cause has now been determined.

Cinco de Mayo, located on the Troy Highway, burned in a fire that began a little after 10pm.

Montgomery Fire Chief William Davis says an investigation found the fire to be accidental in nature. The electrical fire started in the kitchen area and quickly spread. 

Nearly a dozen firefighters responded to the blaze at the barn-shaped building, and within half an hour the fire was under control.

The building was empty at the time of the fire so no customers or staff members were injured.

©2010 WSFA. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Powered by Frankly