Smoke stack fire causes scare in downtown Montgomery - WSFA.com Montgomery Alabama news.

Smoke stack fire causes scare in downtown Montgomery

MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - A fire caused a bit of a scare near Alley Station in downtown Montgomery.

Firefighters were called to the building housing Dreamland Barbecue after reports of thick smoke coming from the roof.

Authorities say a small fire in the restaurant's pit led to a fire in the building's smokestack.

The restaurant was evacuated as a precaution. No injuries were reported and the business was re-opened shortly afterwards.

Powered by Frankly