Montgomery Family Escapes Fire - WSFA.com Montgomery Alabama news.

July 2, 1:49 p.m.

Montgomery Family Escapes Fire

A Montgomery family is safe and sound after some scary moments Wednesday morning. Firefighters say just after 7:00 a.m. Wednesday, they were called out to the 500 block of North Union Circle.

When they got there they found an apartment on fire with a mother and her four children inside. The woman and her kids who range in age from 2 to 9 years of age all got out safely.

Officials say the fire was caused by an electrical shortage in the room where the four kids were sleeping. It took firefighters about five minutes to put the fire out and none of the other apartments were damaged.

Produced by Vanessa Staples

Powered by Frankly