MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - The City of Montgomery is moving ahead with plans to install nine new red light camera systems. Mayor Todd Strange also announced plans to launch two speeding cameras in the near future also, "in plainly marked decommissioned police cars, we'll put them in neighborhoods, school zones and in construction zones," Strange said, "and what happens there is same principal as running a red light."
The new red light cameras will be located at the following intersections:
1) Troy Hwy (North Bound) at South Blvd.
2) East South Blvd (West Bound) at Troy Hwy.
3) Mobile Hwy (North Bound) at Selma Hwy.
4) Mobile Hwy (South Bound) at Selma Hwy.
5) West Blvd (North Bound) at Birmingham Hwy.
6) Vaughn Road (East Bound) at Ray Thorington Road.
7) Vaughn Road (West Bound) at Ray Thorington Road.
8) Troy Hwy (North Bound) at Taylor Road.
9) Troy Hwy (South Bound) at Taylor Road.