LAKELAND, Fla. --- The No. 2 Auburn University at Montgomery men's tennis team bounced back from a disappointing loss the day before to defeat NCAA Division II Florida Southern, 9-0, Tuesday at FSC Courts.
With the win, the Senators improved to 11-2 overall, while No. 7 FSC fell to 7-4 on the season.
AUM had a 3-0 advantage after the double portion of the match, as sophomores Claudio Andrade and Bruno Savi won at the No. 1 position, and fellow sophomores Loic Didavi and Bence Toth won at the No. 2 spot. Freshman Philipp Mohr and sophomore Josh Reason were victorious at the No. 3 position.
In singles, Savi, Toth, Didavi, Andrade, Mohr, and freshman Zinelabidine Jouini all won in straight sets to provide the final margin 9-0.
AUM will return to action Wednesday, when they continue their road trip and travel to Winter Park, Fla. to take on Rollins College. First serve is slated for 2 p.m.
1. Bruno Savi (AUM) def. Ivan Marevic (FSM) 6-3, 6-4
2. Bence Toth (AUM) def. Benoit Paradis (FSM) 6-4, 6-4
3. Loic Didavi (AUM) def. C.J. Johnson (FSM) 6-3, 6-3
4. Zinelabidine Jouini (AUM) def. Jorge Gutierrez (FSM) 6-4, 6-1
5. Claudio Andrade (AUM) def. Nathan Leavitt (FSM) 6-2, 6-0
6. Phillipp Mohr (AUM) def. Robbie Palmiotto (FSM) 6-0, 6-1
1. Bruno Savi/Claudio Andrade (AUM) def. Ivan Marevic/Benoit Paradis (FSM) 8-6
2. Loic Didavi/Bence Toth (AUM) def. C.J. Johnson/Nathan Leavitt (FSM) 8-0