MELBOURNE, Fla. ---- The No. 2 Auburn University at Montgomery men's tennis team won its third straight match against a NCAA Division II opponent, defeating the No. 2 Barry University men's team, 5-4, on Thursday.
With the win, the Senators improved to 13-2 on the season, while the Bucs fell to 7-5 overall.
AUM took a 2-1 advantage after the doubles portion of the match, as sophomore Boris Obama and Loic Didavi won 9-7 at the No. 1 spot, while fellow sophomores Bence Toth and Josh Reason won by a similar score at the No. 3 position.
In singles, sophomore Bruno Savi picked up a straight-set victory at the No. 1 position, while Toth and fellow sophomore Claudio Andrade also earned straight-set wins.
The Senators will return to action on Saturday, March 26, when they travel to New Orleans, to take on Xavier at 4 p.m.
1. #16 Bruno Savi (AUM) def. #26 Max Wimmer (BU) 7-5, 6-2
2. #1 Emanuel Fraitzl (BU) def. #27 Boris Obama (AUM) 7-6 (7-5), 6-2
3. Bence Toth (AUM) def. #11 Marco Mokrzycki (BU) 6-3, 6-4, 4-6
4. Quentin Vachez (BU) def. #29 Loic Didavi (AUM) 7-5, 6-3
5. Romain Costamagna (BU) def. #18 Zinelabidine Jouini (AUM) 7-6 (7-5), 3-6, 6-4
6. Claudio Andrade (AUM) def. Simon Raagaard (BU) 6-0, 6-3
1. #7 Boris Obama/Loic Didavi (AUM) def. Marco Mokrzycki/Quentin Vachez (BU) 9-7
2. #5 Emanuel Fraitzl/Max Wimmer (BU) def. #1 Claudio Andrade/Bruno Savi (AUM) 8-4
3. Josh Reason/Bence Toth (AUM) def. Simon Raagaard/Romain Costamagna (BU) 9-7