MACON, Ga. - The No. 3 Auburn University at Montgomery men's tennis team had five-match winning streak snapped on Tuesday, as it fell to NCAA Division II's No. 3 Armstrong Atlantic, 7-2, in Macon, Ga.
With the loss, the Senators fell to 15-3 on the season, while the Pirates remained undefeated at 16-0.
AUM picked up one point in singles play and one in doubles play.
In singles, sophomore Bence Toth rallied for a three-set victory at the No. 3 spot over Matus Mydla, winning 2-6, 6-4, 1-0 (10-7).
Sophomores Bruno Savi and Claudio Andrade captured a point in doubles play, defeating Mydla and Pedro Scocuglia, 9-8 (7-4), at the No. 2 position.
AUM will return to action on Friday, April 1, when it hosts Abilene Christian and Tennessee Wesleyan. The matches are slated to begin at 10 a.m. and 3 p.m., respectively.
1. Mikk Irdooja (AASU) def. Bruno Savi (AUM) 6-1, 6-4
2. Eudaldo Bonet (AASU) def. Boris Obama (AUM) 6-2, 6-3
3. Bence Toth (AUM) def. Matus Mydla (AASU) 2-6, 6-4, 1-0 (10-7)
4. Rafael Array (AASU) def. Zinelabidine Jouini (AUM) 6-1, 6-1
5. Daniel Regan (AASU) def. Claudio Andrade (AUM) 6-4, 4-6, 1-0 (10-1)
6. Pedro Scocuglia (AASU) def. Josh Reason (AUM) 7-6, 6-1
1. Rafael Array/Mikk Irdooja (AASU) def. Loic Didavi/Boris Obama (AUM) 8-4
2. Claudio Andrade/Bruno Savi (AUM) def. Pedro Scocuglia/Matus Mydla (AASU) 9-8 (7-4)
3. Eudaldo Bonet/Daniel Regan (AASU) def. Josh Reason/Bence Toth (AUM) 8-3