Eight manufacturers have voluntarily recalled about one million pool and in-ground spa drain covers because of incorrect water flow ratings. The U.S. Product Safety Commission announced the recall saying the covers could pose a possible entrapment hazard to swimmers and bathers.
The products were manufactured between December 2008 and April 2011. No injuries have been reported.
The manufacturers are:
- Arizona-based A&A Manufacturing and Color Match Pool Fittings,
- California-based AquaStar Pool Products Inc. and Waterway Plastic,
- Georgia-based Custom Molded Products,
- New Jersey-based Hayward Pool Products,
- North Carolina-based Pentair Water Pool and Spa
- Tennessee-based Rising Dragon USA.