MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - Starting January 15, a new $2 payment convenience fee will be instituted for customers who make single bill payments online or by telephone.
According to Verizon the fee will help allow the company to continue to support these single bill payment options in these channels and is designed to address costs incurred by them for only those customers who choose to make single bill payments in alternate payment channels (online, mobile, telephone).
It is waived for those who pay by electronic check or enroll in AutoPay and Verizon encourages customers to use those or other payment options that incur no fees.
The telephone and online single payment fee, which takes effect January 15, will be disclosed up-front and throughout the transaction.
There are numerous payment options available to Verizon customers where the fee is waived or where no fee applies. They include:
- Electronic check online (My Verizon Online, My Verizon Mobile/Handset). Fee waived.
- Electronic check via telephone. Fee waived.
- Enrollment in AutoPay using credit/debit/ATM card or electronic check; fee does not apply
- Online from the customer's home-banking service provider web site; fee does not apply.
- Credit/debit/ATM card, electronic check or cash at a Bill Payment Kiosk, Panel or with a representative at a Verizon Wireless Communications Store; fee does not apply.
- Use of a Verizon Wireless Gift Card or Verizon Wireless device Rebate Card to pay a bill in-store, online or by telephone; fee does not apply
- Paper check or money order mailed to the VZW remit address on customer's bill; fee does not apply.