Update on crash with gas spill on I-65 - WSFA.com Montgomery Alabama news.

Update on crash with gas spill on I-65

Photo taken around 2:00 p.m. Photo taken around 2:00 p.m.
Photo taken around 2:00 p.m. Photo taken around 2:00 p.m.
Photo taken around 2:00 p.m. Photo taken around 2:00 p.m.
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) -

According to the Alabama Department of Public Safety a crash occurred earlier this afternoon involving a gas spill on I-65 between mile markers 178 and 179, southbound (near Millbrook and Prattville). 

There were three vehicles involved... a passenger car, a pickup  truck and an 18-wheeler.  The 18-wheeler's gas tank was punctured, which led to the gas leak on the road.  No one was injured in the incident.  EMA handed the cleanup of the spill.

As of 3:00 p.m. one lane was open, and traffic  was  moving slowly.  The crash is still under investigation.

Copyright 2012 WSFA 12.  All rights reserved.

  • NewsMore>>

  • S. Korea: Joint US drills suspended to aid talks with North

    S. Korea: Joint US drills suspended to aid talks with North

    Tuesday, June 19 2018 1:50 AM EDT2018-06-19 05:50:33 GMT
    Friday, June 22 2018 4:55 AM EDT2018-06-22 08:55:41 GMT
    (AP Photo/Ahn Young-joon). A photo showing U.S. President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un is displayed as a member of People's Democratic Party stands to oppose military exercises between the United States and South Korea near the U.S....(AP Photo/Ahn Young-joon). A photo showing U.S. President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un is displayed as a member of People's Democratic Party stands to oppose military exercises between the United States and South Korea near the U.S....

    South Korea says a joint military exercise scheduled with the U.S. has been suspended to support ongoing talks both countries have with North Korea.

    More >>

    South Korea says a joint military exercise scheduled with the U.S. has been suspended to support ongoing talks both countries have with North Korea.

    More >>
  • Trump administration pulls US out of UN human rights council

    Trump administration pulls US out of UN human rights council

    Tuesday, June 19 2018 12:00 PM EDT2018-06-19 16:00:59 GMT
    Friday, June 22 2018 4:55 AM EDT2018-06-22 08:55:28 GMT
    (Salvatore Di Nolfi/Keystone via AP, File). FILE - This is a Tuesday, Nov. 8, 2008 file photo, showing a general view of the Human Rights Room (Room XX) at the European headquarters of the United Nations in Geneva, Switzerland. Diplomats say the United...(Salvatore Di Nolfi/Keystone via AP, File). FILE - This is a Tuesday, Nov. 8, 2008 file photo, showing a general view of the Human Rights Room (Room XX) at the European headquarters of the United Nations in Geneva, Switzerland. Diplomats say the United...
    The Trump administration is poised to announce its departure from the United Nations' main human rights body in its latest withdrawal from an international institution.More >>
    The Trump administration is poised to announce its departure from the United Nations' main human rights body in its latest withdrawal from an international institution.More >>
  • Trump raises risk of economically harmful US-China trade war

    Trump raises risk of economically harmful US-China trade war

    Tuesday, June 19 2018 12:20 AM EDT2018-06-19 04:20:31 GMT
    Friday, June 22 2018 4:54 AM EDT2018-06-22 08:54:54 GMT
    President Donald Trump gestures as he signs a "Space Policy Directive" during a meeting of the National Space Council in the East Room of the White House, Monday, June 18, 2018, in Washington, as Vice President Mike Pence watches.  AP Photo/Susan Walsh)President Donald Trump gestures as he signs a "Space Policy Directive" during a meeting of the National Space Council in the East Room of the White House, Monday, June 18, 2018, in Washington, as Vice President Mike Pence watches. AP Photo/Susan Walsh)

    A new 10 percent tariff on $200 billion in Chinese imports is being threatened by Trump in the latest move toward what could become a trade war.

    More >>

    A new 10 percent tariff on $200 billion in Chinese imports is being threatened by Trump in the latest move toward what could become a trade war.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly