Unemployment benefits tax forms available online

MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - Anyone who received unemployment benefits in 2011 needs to include that income on their federal income tax forms.

Even though Alabama had improving jobless numbers last year, 200,000 people did receive those benefits.

The form needed to include those benefits on your tax return is the 1099G.  It can be downloaded from the Alabama Department of Industrial Relations web site.   So far 15,000 people have downloaded the form.   These forms are password protected and must be accessed with a claimant's Social Security number.

ADIR Director Tom Surtees said, "We hope that by allowing Alabamians more convenient access to necessary documentation, we can make filing a little easier on them.  Claimants should note that if they access their form online, no forms will be mailed to them, so they should print them for their records."

If you don't have Internet access forms will be mailed to you at the end of the month.

Copyright 2012 WSFA 12 News.  All rights reserved.