- Brush & floss your teeth daily—it really WILL make a difference.
- Have dental checkups and professional cleaning every 6 months. If you see your dentist regularly, any dental problems you have can be treated in their early and less expensive stages.
- Compare dental fees in your area.
- Choose a dentist before a dental emergency.
- Negotiate payments and costs with your dentist upfront.
- Contact your local dental society for information on dental programs for which you may qualify and for referrals to low-cost dental care centers such as public health clinics and dental school clinics.
THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT STEP IN CUTTING YOUR DENTIST BILLS IS PREVENTION!