Have you ever wondered how to find a community service when you or someone you know needs help?
The first step in finding help is knowing WHO to call... you know to dial 911 for emergencies... and 411 for directory assistance... and now, you can dial 2-1-1 for community health and human resources! Dialing 2-1-1 can help you locate a variety of services in the following counties in South Central Alabama: Montgomery, Autauga, Elmore, Lowndes, Dallas, and Lee counties, including...
- Emergency Shelter
- Job Training
- Child and Elderly Care
- Health Services
- Special Transportation Needs
- Food Pantries
- Financial Assistance
- Assistance for the Homeless
- Support Groups
- Volunteer Opportunities
In 2000, The Volunteer and Information Center and the Montgomery Area United Way became partners
in the effort to bring 2-1-1-phone referral service to Alabama. 2-1-1 links those persons in need with resources to meet those needs. The South Central Alabama 2-1-1 service operates out of the offices
of the Volunteer and Information Center in Montgomery. The geographic area covered is Montgomery, Autauga, Elmore, Dallas, Lee and Lowndes Counties. We hope to expand this area to include Macon,
Pike and Bullock counties.
2-1-1 Connects is currently partnering with the following organizations to assist residents of the River Region:
- Montgomery Area Community Wellness Coalition to help the uninsured and underinsured access health care.
- The Montgomery Area Homeless Coalition to coordinate the HMIS (Homeless Management Information System) Program to meet the needs of the Homeless Population of the River Region.
- The Alabama Medicaid Agency and the Real Systems Change Grant to develop the infrastructure for a disability resource database.