90-year-old woman finishes bucket list with skydiving - WSFA.com Montgomery Alabama news.

90-year-old woman finishes bucket list with skydiving

LEXINGTON, MO (KCTV) -

Skydiving always seemed like something Rosebud Gard wanted to try.

"I hope I got all the instructions right. I was worried - I didn't bring my hearing aid," Gard said.

For the past 20 years or so, Gard has been crossing things off her bucket list.

"I wanted to go on a hot air balloon. I got to do that on my 70th birthday. I wanted to go on a cruise. I wanted to parasail, I did that in 1995," she said before skydiving Saturday morning. "I'm really excited, I'm not scared a bit, haven't got sense enough I guess."

Saturday, Gard at 90 years young, finally got to the end of her list - she jumped out of an airplane.

"This is my last bucket list. I got to do everything else. That's what I wanted to do on my 90th birthday," she said.

As friends and family watched from the safety of the ground, they knew she was finally living her dream.

"We're so thrilled for her. We're excited, we're happy…and she's down," Hazel Brown said.

But just because Gard's done with her list doesn't mean she'll stop looking for adventure.

"You know when we were kids in school, as they asked you what you wanted to come back as, I wanted to come back as a bird," she said shortly after landing.

Copyright 2012 KCTV (Meredith Corp.) All rights reserved.

sidebar: skydiving grandma

Updated:

PHOTOS More>>

'Golden State Killer' suspect arrested, is former police officer

Wednesday, April 25 2018 12:57 PM EDT2018-04-25 16:57:26 GMT
    Wednesday, April 25 2018 4:07 PM EDT2018-04-25 20:07:08 GMT

The 72-year-old suspect has been identified as a former police officer and "nice guy."

Macron urges US to reject isolationism

Wednesday, April 25 2018 11:30 AM EDT2018-04-25 15:30:41 GMT
    Wednesday, April 25 2018 4:12 PM EDT2018-04-25 20:12:04 GMT
    (AP Photo/Pablo Martinez Monsivais). French President Emmanuel Macron gestures as he is introduced before speaking to a joint meeting of Congress on Capitol Hill in Washington, Wednesday, April 25, 2018.(AP Photo/Pablo Martinez Monsivais). French President Emmanuel Macron gestures as he is introduced before speaking to a joint meeting of Congress on Capitol Hill in Washington, Wednesday, April 25, 2018.
    French President Emmanuel Macron extolled the "special bond" between the United States and France during his speech in front of a joint meeting of Congress.More >>

Lax vetting on Trump nominees begins to frustrate senators

Wednesday, April 25 2018 12:47 AM EDT2018-04-25 04:47:40 GMT
    Wednesday, April 25 2018 4:11 PM EDT2018-04-25 20:11:56 GMT
    (AP Photo/Alex Brandon). CIA director Mike Pompeo and his wife Susan Pompeo arrive for a State Dinner with French President Emmanuel Macron and President Donald Trump at the White House, Tuesday, April 24, 2018, in Washington.(AP Photo/Alex Brandon). CIA director Mike Pompeo and his wife Susan Pompeo arrive for a State Dinner with French President Emmanuel Macron and President Donald Trump at the White House, Tuesday, April 24, 2018, in Washington.

As President Donald Trump's pick to lead Veterans Affairs skids to a halt, senators from both parties are voicing frustration that the White House is skipping crucial vetting of nominees and leaving lawmakers to clean up the mess.