Editorial: Feedback - Voter I.D. - WSFA.com: News Weather and Sports for Montgomery, AL.

Editorial: Feedback - Voter I.D.

Posted: Updated:
  • EditorialsMore>>

Editorial: "Hands Off!"

Thursday, April 17 2014 7:20 PM EDT2014-04-17 23:20:14 GMT
    Hands off!  That's what every parent of a student wants to say to a teacher, coach or substitute teacher with desires other than educational, related to our children.  This year alone in our area a femaleMore >>
    Hands off!  That's what every parent of a student wants to say to a teacher, coach or substitute teacher with desires other than educational, related to our children.More >>

Editorial: "Triumph and Conquest"

Tuesday, April 15 2014 7:20 PM EDT2014-04-15 23:20:09 GMT
    This week marks the one year anniversary of the Boston Marathon bombings; bombings that claimed the lives of four and injured more than 260 people.  A year ago this week was to be a day of triumph andMore >>

Editorial: "Money is Power"

Thursday, April 10 2014 7:20 PM EDT2014-04-10 23:20:06 GMT
    Last week the Supreme Court struck down overall limits individuals can contribute to candidates and political committees during a two-year federal election cycle now. The ruling resulted in a divided Supreme CourtMore >>
  • Editorials 2013More>>

Editorial: Happy Holidays

Tuesday, December 24 2013 7:15 PM EST2013-12-25 00:15:09 GMT
    Happy Holidays! When I say Happy Holidays to some people they think I am ignoring Christmas and trying to just be politically correct. That couldn't be any further from the truth. I really mean Happy HolidaysMore >>
    Happy Holidays! When I say Happy Holidays to some people they think I am ignoring Christmas and trying to just be politically correct. That couldn't be any further from the truth. I really mean Happy Holidays and that certainly includes Christmas.More >>

Editorial "Viewer Feedback: End the Conversation/Gambling"

Thursday, December 19 2013 7:20 PM EST2013-12-20 00:20:06 GMT
    Our editorial earlier this week asking our legislators to again allow Alabamians to vote "yes" or "no" on legalized gaming elicited the following feedback via emails received and comments on wsfa.com andMore >>

Editorial: "End the Conversation"

Tuesday, December 17 2013 7:20 PM EST2013-12-18 00:20:09 GMT
    What do you say we end the conversation once and for all on legalizing gambling in Alabama and pass legislation next year to let the people of Alabama vote and gamble if they so desire?  This week marksMore >>
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) -

Our recent "Voter I.D." editorial prompted this feedback,

"I don't see what the problem is - you can get a photo ID even if you don't drive. It sounds like if someone has a problem with this they've got something to hide?

"What do you mean it is not required to show a photo ID when voting? I have been showing my driver's license every time I vote. Of course, I do not mind at all. If showing an ID will cut down on "illegal voting", then I am all for that.

Other viewers wrote,

"What is the rate of voter fraud? I would like CH, 12 to announce that for the past 20 years! I don't think this has anything to do with voter fraud at all. This is about denying voters their right to vote."

and

"I went to a new doctor last week. Not only did I have to show photo ID; he also took my picture and placed it in my officical file. This happens everywhere these days. WHY NOT TO VOTE??

And finally,

The supporters of ID display throw out "voter fraud" with vague scenarios of business transactions needing a display of ID. At no time do the supporters of Voter I.D. give factual reasons to enact such a requirement. Give me the numbers of voter fraud cases that resulted in convictions and the number of voter fraud cases under investigation. Give me the numbers and facts so I can make an informed decision.

As always - we encourage and appreciate your feedback.

Copyright 2012  WSFA 12 News.  All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow