Criminal history of LSU bomb threat suspect - WSFA.com Montgomery Alabama news.

LSU bomb threat suspect has long criminal history

William Bouvay Jr., suspect in LSU bomb threat (Source: EBRSO) William Bouvay Jr., suspect in LSU bomb threat (Source: EBRSO)
BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) -

The man accused of calling in a bomb threat against LSU on Monday, which led to the evacuation of the entire campus, has a laundry list of previous charges.

William Bouvay Jr., known to his friends as "Boobie," has been in trouble before. His criminal history includes charges from petty crimes to attempted second degree murder. In the attempted second degree murder charge, he is accused of choking out his then wife.  

Bouvay has bounced back and forth through the court system; either getting his charges dropped or serving small amounts of jail time, and eventually getting probation.

LSU police have arrested Bouvay before, for terrorizing and threatening to kill his former girlfriend, an employee at LSU continuing education and independent studies.

In that case, Bouvay called the woman's office at LSU multiple times, and at one point, threatened to go to the campus and shoot her.

Bouvay served a small amount of jail time for the charge and eventually received probation.

Bouvay is accused of calling the EBR 911 center Monday at 10:32 a.m. and telling the operator that there were three bombs placed around the LSU campus. The call was recorded. In the police report from the East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff's Office, what Bouvay said to the 911 operator was recorded. 

"Yes, I've planted three bombs at LSU's school campus. My colleagues planted three bombs at LSU to go off in two hours if my (pause). This is not a joke. I'm gonna go there and... (call disconnected)."

Bouvay is currently in the East Baton Rouge Parish Prison and being held on a $1 million bond.

He is facing a maximum sentence of 35 years in prison if convicted on the new charges stemming from Monday's bomb threat.

"Given his history, I think 20 years is appropriate but that's up to the courts to decide," said East Baton Rouge Parish District Attorney Hillar Moore.

The campus was evacuated around 11:30 a.m. Monday after officials received a phone threat. Students that live in residence halls were left waiting for word it was safe to return.

When some 35,000 students, faculty and staff were told to evacuate from campus, the buildings were quickly cleared, and no one was injured.

The threat came in the wake of bomb scares at several other large universities around the nation last week. Officials do not believe the LSU bomb threat is related to any other bomb threat reported around the nation.

Residents living on campus were allowed back into their dorm rooms just after 8 p.m. and the entire campus was given the all clear around 11 p.m.

All 250 buildings on campus had to be checked first.

Copyright 2012 WAFB. All rights reserved.

  • Trending StoriesTrending StoriesMore>>

  • Severe reaction to new sandals leads woman on a painful path

    Severe reaction to new sandals leads woman on a painful path

        One woman wants to warn people about her painful path, the result of a severe and debilitating allergic reaction.  She had no idea what she was allergic to until she visited a fourth emergency room in two weeks.    

    More >>

    One woman wants to warn people about her painful path, the result of a severe and debilitating allergic reaction. She had no idea what she was allergic to until she visited a fourth emergency room in two weeks.    

    More >>
  • 'The Phantom' serial killer of children out of prison, living in Tucson

    'The Phantom' serial killer of children out of prison, living in Tucson

    Thursday, April 27 2017 12:17 AM EDT2017-04-27 04:17:43 GMT
    Friday, April 28 2017 9:21 AM EDT2017-04-28 13:21:13 GMT
    Convicted killer William Huff was spotted riding his bicycle through a Tucson neighborhood. (Source: 3TV/CBS 5)Convicted killer William Huff was spotted riding his bicycle through a Tucson neighborhood. (Source: 3TV/CBS 5)

    William Huff terrorized Sierra Vista during the spring and summer of 1967. Despite a sentence of 40 years to life, the Arizona Board of Executive Clemency voted to release him from prison into home arrest. Family members of the victims are concerned for the safety of the community, as are new members of the Clemency Board. CBS 5 Investigates videotaped Huff riding a bike through his Tucson neighborhood. There are no restrictions placed on his proximity to children.

    More >>

    William Huff terrorized Sierra Vista during the spring and summer of 1967. Despite a sentence of 40 years to life, the Arizona Board of Executive Clemency voted to release him from prison into home arrest. Family members of the victims are concerned for the safety of the community, as are new members of the Clemency Board. CBS 5 Investigates videotaped Huff riding a bike through his Tucson neighborhood. There are no restrictions placed on his proximity to children.

    More >>
  • GRAPHIC: Buncombe Co. man admits to killing, dismembering pregnant TV chef, husband

    GRAPHIC: Buncombe Co. man admits to killing, dismembering pregnant TV chef, husband

    Thursday, April 27 2017 5:18 AM EDT2017-04-27 09:18:54 GMT
    Thursday, April 27 2017 7:27 PM EDT2017-04-27 23:27:02 GMT
    Robert Jason Owens' 2015 mug shot (Source: BCSO)Robert Jason Owens' 2015 mug shot (Source: BCSO)

    The Buncombe County man charged with murder in the deaths of a TV chef, her husband, and unborn child pleaded guilty to killing the victims and dismembering their bodies during a hearing Thursday and was sentenced to prison.

    More >>

    The Buncombe County man charged with murder in the deaths of a TV chef, her husband, and unborn child pleaded guilty to killing the victims and dismembering their bodies during a hearing Thursday and was sentenced to prison.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly