Please listen carefully for the direction of the storm by the National Weather Service and local EMA office. For example: If the storm is approaching from the East or South proceed to the west, the logical path of the storm would be northeastward.
If you are on I-65 north you will be in the path of the storm. Information will be given in advance of approaching storms allowing proper evacuation of afflicted areas. Please listen carefully to all weather advisories.
- Take I-10 West at Water Street to I-65 North to Montgomery
- Water Street North to I-165 North to Montgomery
From Beltline Highway and West Mobile:
From Point Clear, Fairhope, and Daphne:
- Highway 98 North to Spanish Fort.
- At Spanish Fort, take County Road 225 North to I-65 North.
From Gulf Shores and Orange Beach:
- Take Highway 59 North to I-65 North.
- In the event of a northbound evacuation all four lanes of I-65 will become a northbound Interstate system.
- All southbound traffic will be halted.
- Should high winds be advised, please conduct safely while driving on all raised roadways. High winds and damaging rains are a danger to automobiles on raised highways and bridges.
- Road closures will be available on local media and on the http://www.dot.state.al.us/closures/ website.
- Please do not contact the Alabama State Troopers office unless you have an emergency or accident to report due to congestion on their phone systems and need to keep access to all available telephone lines open. If you need help immediately, please call 911.
Information Provided by Mobile County Emergency Management Agency