Thursday, July 24 2014 2:35 AM EDT2014-07-24 06:35:51 GMT
The U.S. Supreme Court cleared the way for Arizona to carry out its third execution in the past year Wednesday following a closely watched First Amendment fight over the secrecy surrounding lethal injection drugs.More >>
A condemned Arizona inmate gasped for more than an hour and a half during his execution Wednesday before he died in an episode sure to add to the scrutiny surrounding the death penalty in the U.S.More >>
Thursday, July 24 2014 12:52 AM EDT2014-07-24 04:52:54 GMT
Dozens of Palestinian families trapped by clashes between Hamas militants and Israeli troops are scrambling to flee a southern Gaza Strip neighborhood as Israel reported that two more of its soldiers have died in...More >>
The United States announced signs of progress in cease-fire talks Wednesday, but prospects for a quick end to the fighting were dim as Palestinian families fled fierce battles in southern Gaza and the death toll rose to...More >>
Thursday, July 24 2014 12:37 AM EDT2014-07-24 04:37:16 GMT
Scam artists are targeting customers of the Central Alabama Electric Cooperative, or CAEC, according to company officials.CAEC is issuing an alert to its members, as well as the general public, to be awareMore >>
The phone rings and the caller demands payment and threatens to shut off your power if you don't hand over bank or credit card information. Central Alabama Electric Cooperative and other Alabama co-ops are having it happen to customers and they don't want others to fall prey to con artists. More >>
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) -
Despite warnings, many people don't have a fire safety plan. So officials are using Fire Safety Week to get out the message about preparedness.
This year's theme is two ways out. Not only two ways out of your home, but also two ways out of the room you're in when a fire starts.
"The bedroom window is the safest and fastest means of egress out of a room, then you go to the front yard or wherever your meeting place is," said Harold Bellinger, an Assistant Chief with the Montgomery Fire Department. "But you need to make sure you go over these escape plans with your children."
Bellinger said most of the fires in the City of Montgomery are preventable, caused by unattended food on the stove or overloading sockets with electronics. Prevention and preparation can go a long way toward keeping people safe when a fire breaks out.
This week, firefighters across Montgomery are opening their doors to teach your family how to prevent fires. You can visit any fire station in the city between 10 and 11 a.m. and 2 and 3 p.m.