Editorials: "Viewer Feedback: Anti-Bullying Month" - WSFA.com: News Weather and Sports for Montgomery, AL.

Editorials: "Viewer Feedback: Anti-Bullying Month"

Posted: Updated:
  • EditorialsMore>>

Editorial: "Triumph and Conquest"

Tuesday, April 15 2014 7:20 PM EDT2014-04-15 23:20:09 GMT
    This week marks the one year anniversary of the Boston Marathon bombings; bombings that claimed the lives of four and injured more than 260 people.  A year ago this week was to be a day of triumph andMore >>

Editorial: "Money is Power"

Thursday, April 10 2014 7:20 PM EDT2014-04-10 23:20:06 GMT
    Last week the Supreme Court struck down overall limits individuals can contribute to candidates and political committees during a two-year federal election cycle now. The ruling resulted in a divided Supreme CourtMore >>

Guest Editorial: "Crime Victims' Rights Week"

Tuesday, April 8 2014 7:20 PM EDT2014-04-08 23:20:03 GMT
    Every year, millions of people have their lives changed forever by crime. They are our family, neighbors, friends, and colleagues. Crime victims often struggle to work, pay bills, or support their lovedMore >>
    Every year, millions of people have their lives changed forever by crime. They are our family, neighbors, friends, and colleagues.More >>
  • Editorials 2013More>>

Editorial: Happy Holidays

Tuesday, December 24 2013 7:15 PM EST2013-12-25 00:15:09 GMT
    Happy Holidays! When I say Happy Holidays to some people they think I am ignoring Christmas and trying to just be politically correct. That couldn't be any further from the truth. I really mean Happy HolidaysMore >>
    Happy Holidays! When I say Happy Holidays to some people they think I am ignoring Christmas and trying to just be politically correct. That couldn't be any further from the truth. I really mean Happy Holidays and that certainly includes Christmas.More >>

Editorial "Viewer Feedback: End the Conversation/Gambling"

Thursday, December 19 2013 7:20 PM EST2013-12-20 00:20:06 GMT
    Our editorial earlier this week asking our legislators to again allow Alabamians to vote "yes" or "no" on legalized gaming elicited the following feedback via emails received and comments on wsfa.com andMore >>

Editorial: "End the Conversation"

Tuesday, December 17 2013 7:20 PM EST2013-12-18 00:20:09 GMT
    What do you say we end the conversation once and for all on legalizing gambling in Alabama and pass legislation next year to let the people of Alabama vote and gamble if they so desire?  This week marksMore >>
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) -

Our Anti-Bullying Month editorial prompted a number of responses wsfa.com and on our Facebook page.

The first comes from Joel and he writes, "There is no way to stop bullying. It's sad but true, so long as there is any difference between people there will be people who exploit that and bully the different. I was bullied in school so don't think I'm not sympathetic. But the only way to overcome bullying is to not care what someone thinks of you. Be the you that will make you happy and ignore those that don't like you."

Joyce responded that bullying doesn't just affect children alone, "Adults are also bullied by others. My daughter was being bullied by adults who then they turned their anger on me when I stood up for her. They made fake profiles of me and continued to bully me and went as far as filing false reports to hurt me until I stood up for myself."

Lastly a viewer writes, "If this is going to have any traction, then the schools must also severely punish bullies--and stop the silly "equal punishment," in which (even in clear cases) a child defending themselves from a bully's assault is punished the same amount as his/her attacker."

As always, we encourage and appreciate your feedback.

Copyright 2012  WSFA 12 News.  All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow