Family prepares to say goodbye to 2-year-old and father - WSFA.com Montgomery Alabama news.

Family prepares to say goodbye to 2-year-old and father

Noah died at the scene of the accident. Walter Died early Saturday morning at hospital. The funerals of both will be held Saturday at New Rising Star Baptist Church at 11 a.m. Noah died at the scene of the accident. Walter Died early Saturday morning at hospital. The funerals of both will be held Saturday at New Rising Star Baptist Church at 11 a.m.
PINSON, AL (WBRC) -

Jefferson County Sheriff's deputies worked a tragic vehicle accident Friday night in which two-year-old Noah Smith and his dad, Walter, were hit and killed.

The family is preparing to say their final goodbyes and using their memories of the two to get through these hard times.

"I would tell him, 'You're mama baby, you're going to always be mama baby' and he would grab me by my face like this and say 'Mama baby?' And I said, 'Yea, mama baby' and he said 'OK' and kissed me on my cheek," Noah's mother, Sivi Woolridge, said.

She will never get to hear those words or feel a kiss from little Noah again.

"I always thought we would have a lot of time together. Never imagined in my life that I would lose my one and only child," she said.

Noah and his dad were hit by a driver Friday night while trying to cross Highway 75 in Pinson. The two were leaving a football game at Pinson Valley High School.

"My dad had just so happened to call me and he was like, 'Noah wants to go to the game. I'm going to go with y'all and we can all hang out,'" Jeremy Smith said.

Smith says his little brother got to spend his last hours of life doing something he really loved.

"He had a good time at the game. He played. He had a good time that night," Jeremy said.

Because of the cold, Jeremy says Walter decided to leave the game with Noah a little early. After the game ended, Jeremy saw the emergency crews.

"I asked the police officer, 'You got an older guy and a baby over there?' and he said he couldn't answer unless I showed a picture and I showed her one of my brother and she said that was him," Jeremy said.

Now the loved ones are remembering the father.

"Regardless of the situation, I knew I could count on him for anything," Jeremy said.

And they are also remembering the little son down to some of the very last words he spoke.

"He said 'I'm going to the football game' and I said 'OK' and I said 'You have fun and be good' and I said 'I love you' and he said 'I love you too,'" Woolridge.

Copyright 2012 WBRC. All rights reserved.

White House: No plans by Trump to fire Mueller, Rosenstein

Sunday, April 22 2018 2:05 PM EDT2018-04-22 18:05:12 GMT
    Monday, April 23 2018 9:00 AM EDT2018-04-23 13:00:03 GMT
    (AP Photo/Carolyn Kaster, File). FILE - In this Nov. 20, 2016, file photo, then-President-elect Donald Trump, right, and former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani pose for photographs as Giuliani arrives at the Trump National Golf Club Bedminster clubhouse i...(AP Photo/Carolyn Kaster, File). FILE - In this Nov. 20, 2016, file photo, then-President-elect Donald Trump, right, and former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani pose for photographs as Giuliani arrives at the Trump National Golf Club Bedminster clubhouse i...

The White House says President Donald Trump has no intention of firing special counsel Robert Mueller and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.

Macron to push Trump on Iran deal, says there's no 'Plan B'

Sunday, April 22 2018 11:04 AM EDT2018-04-22 15:04:45 GMT
    Monday, April 23 2018 8:59 AM EDT2018-04-23 12:59:51 GMT
    (AP Photo/Michel Euler). France's President Emmanuel Macron walks out of the lobby of the Elysee Palace in Paris, Friday, April 20, 2018, to welcome Senegalese President Macky Sall. Senegalese President Macky Sall is in France for a five-day visit.(AP Photo/Michel Euler). France's President Emmanuel Macron walks out of the lobby of the Elysee Palace in Paris, Friday, April 20, 2018, to welcome Senegalese President Macky Sall. Senegalese President Macky Sall is in France for a five-day visit.

French President Emmanuel Macron is urging U.S. President Donald Trump to stick with the Iranian nuclear accord, arguing that there's no "Plan B".

DOJ looks into how AT&T, Verizon handle defecting customers

Friday, April 20 2018 7:43 PM EDT2018-04-20 23:43:53 GMT
    Monday, April 23 2018 8:28 AM EDT2018-04-23 12:28:59 GMT
    The Justice Department is investigating AT&T, Verizon and a standards-setting group. (Source: Raycom Media)The Justice Department is investigating AT&T, Verizon and a standards-setting group. (Source: Raycom Media)

The Justice Department has opened an antitrust investigation into whether AT&T and Verizon and a standards-setting group worked together to hinder consumers from easily switching wireless carriers.