Pot left on stove causes apartment fire - WSFA.com Montgomery Alabama news.

Pot left on stove likely the cause of apartment fire

Posted: Updated:
  • More newsMore>>

  • US: Russia violated 1987 nuclear missile treaty

    US: Russia violated 1987 nuclear missile treaty

    Monday, July 28 2014 8:54 PM EDT2014-07-29 00:54:59 GMT
    The Obama administration is accusing Russia of violating a 1987 nuclear missile treaty, calling the breach a, quote, 'very serious matter.'More >>
    In an escalation of tensions, the Obama administration accused Russia on Monday of conducting tests in violation of a 1987 nuclear missile treaty, calling the breach "a very serious matter" and going public with...More >>
  • Teacher hit by train expected to make full recovery

    Teacher hit by train expected to make full recovery

    Monday, July 28 2014 8:50 PM EDT2014-07-29 00:50:28 GMT
    Officials at the Smiths Station Fire Department say the victim, later identified as Vivian Martin, was transported to Midtown Medical Center with what appeared to be non life-threatening injuries.More >>
    Multiple sources tell News Leader 9 that a Smiths Station teacher was hit by a train earlier today in Lee County.

    Officials at the Smiths Station Fire Department say the victim, later identified as Vivian Martin, was transported to Midtown Medical Center with what appeared to be non life-threatening injuries.
    More >>
  • Judge OKs record-setting $2B sale of Clippers

    Judge OKs record-setting $2B sale of Clippers

    Monday, July 28 2014 8:37 PM EDT2014-07-29 00:37:50 GMT
    Only final arguments and a ruling remain in the trial to determine whether Donald Sterling's estranged wife can sell the Los Angeles Clippers to former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer for $2 billion.More >>
    Embattled Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling lost his attempt to block the $2 billion sale of the team to former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer.More >>
BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) -

The Baton Rouge Fire Department responded to a fire in the Hawthorne Heights Apartments. The complex is on Lobdell Ave. near Choctaw Drive.

The department says a pot left on the stove is likely the cause of the fire.

The unit where the fire started had heavy fire damage while surrounding units just suffered smoke damage.

No injuries were reported.

Copyright 2012 WAFB. All rights reserved.

 

Powered by WorldNow