Wednesday, July 23 2014 10:33 PM EDT2014-07-24 02:33:46 GMT
Passengers aboard a Megabus were stuck in Fort Deposit on Wednesday after the bus suffered a mechanical issue and the driver became ill. A spokesperson for Megabus told WSFA 12 News that the bus was headingMore >>
Passengers aboard a Megabus were stuck in Fort Deposit on Wednesday after the bus suffered a mechanical issue and the driver became ill.More >>
Family members of victims of a plane crash were flying to the small Taiwanese island on Thursday where the plane had unsuccessfully attempted to land in stormy weather, killing 48. There were 10 survivors, and authorities...More >>
Wednesday, July 23 2014 9:43 PM EDT2014-07-24 01:43:00 GMT
Autauga County authorities say a meth operation was busted and three people were arrested thanks to an anonymous tip. Billy Ray Kizziah, 21, of Deatsville, Joe Davis Henderson, 22, of Marbury, and KimberlyMore >>
Autauga County authorities say a meth operation was busted and three people were arrested thanks to an anonymous tip.More >>
Wednesday, July 23 2014 9:24 PM EDT2014-07-24 01:24:41 GMT
The U.S. Supreme Court cleared the way for Arizona to carry out its third execution in the past year Wednesday following a closely watched First Amendment fight over the secrecy surrounding lethal injection drugs.More >>
A condemned Arizona inmate gasped and snorted for more than an hour and a half during his execution Wednesday before he died in an episode sure to add to the scrutiny surrounding the death penalty in the U.S.More >>
SALEM, AL (WTVM) -
A house fire claimed the life of one person Thursday morning in Salem, Ala.
News Leader 9's Annie Hubbell was first on the scene.
A home caught on fire in the Haley Woods subdivision in Salem at 22 Lee Road and claimed the life of 45-year-old Kimberly Renee Tucker Bailey.
A call came in from a passerby around 9:15 CST Thursday morning, and volunteer fire squads from Salem and Crawford responded to the scene within five minutes.
Bailey was found in the burning structure and was declared dead at the scene.
Neighbors were shocked when they first discovered the home fully engulfed in flames.
"I was just praying this morning and couldn't go back to sleep, something just had me to stay up and pray and when I opened the door around ten something me and my husband saw the house going up in flames, a lot of smoke," said resident Haley Woods.
Neighbors also tell News Leader 9 that the people who lived at the home are some of the oldest residents in the subdivision who always lent a helping hand when needed.
We will keep you updated with the latest details of this home fire and the victim as they come in.