Overloaded electrical circuit starts Ware house fire - WSFA.com Montgomery Alabama news.

Overloaded electrical circuit starts Ware house fire

Posted: Updated:
  • More newsMore>>

  • Lawsuits seek any Michael Brown juvenile records

    Lawsuits seek any Michael Brown juvenile records

    Wednesday, September 3 2014 1:36 AM EDT2014-09-03 05:36:02 GMT
    Lingering questions about Michael Brown could be answered Wednesday as two news organizations seek the release of any possible juvenile records for the unarmed 18-year-old who was killed by a Missouri police...More >>
    Lingering questions about Michael Brown could be answered Wednesday as two news organizations seek the release of any possible juvenile records for the unarmed 18-year-old who was killed by a Missouri police officer...More >>
  • CVS changes name, stops tobacco sales early

    CVS changes name, stops tobacco sales early

    Wednesday, September 3 2014 12:50 AM EDT2014-09-03 04:50:56 GMT
    As CVS sharpens its focus on customer health, the nation's second-largest drugstore chain will tweak its corporate name and stop the sale of tobacco nearly a month sooner than...More >>
    As CVS sharpens its focus on customer health, the nation's second-largest drugstore chain will tweak its corporate name and stop the sale of tobacco nearly a month sooner than...More >>
  • Montgomery residents, mayor respond to proposed trash fee increase

    Montgomery residents, mayor respond to proposed trash fee increase

    Wednesday, September 3 2014 12:22 AM EDT2014-09-03 04:22:23 GMT
    A proposed garbage fee hike has some Montgomery residents talking. Some say it will put a strain on citizens but city officials say it's necessary to keep the city's trash operations running they way theyMore >>
    A proposed garbage fee hike has some Montgomery residents talking. Some say it will put a strain on citizens but city officials say it's necessary to keep the city's trash operations running the way they are.More >>
WARE, MA (WSHM) -

Firefighters say an overloaded circuit breaker started a fire in the attic of a home on East Street in Ware Friday night.

Ware firefighters were able to contain the flames to the attic. The fire caused around $20,000 in damage. 

The family of five that lives in the home will not be able to stay there tonight and are getting help from the American Red Cross.

There is water damage in the home but it is not a total loss.

Firefighters say this type of electrical fire should be a lesson to all.

"We're all trying to stay warm in this frigid weather but we got to make sure we doing it safely and that includes wood stoves, pellet stoves, and that we're keeping a 3 foot radius around it with non combustibles," said Chief Thomas Coulombe.

The Red Cross is also helping firefighters with snacks, coffee and water.

Copyright 2013 WSHM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow