Sleeping Smith Co. family escapes early-morning fire unharmed - WSFA.com Montgomery Alabama news.

Sleeping Smith Co. family escapes early-morning fire unharmed

Posted: Updated:
  • More newsMore>>

  • WSFA 12 Special Report: Poison proof

    WSFA 12 Special Report: Poison proof

    Wednesday, July 30 2014 11:15 PM EDT2014-07-31 03:15:13 GMT
    (Source: WSFA 12 News)(Source: WSFA 12 News)
    It can be a parents worst nightmare. You discover an open container, and your child unresponsive nearby. It can be easy for children to get into something they shouldn't thinking it was a soda or candy,More >>
    It can be easy for children to get into something they shouldn't thinking it was a soda or candy, and end up in a life threatening situation.More >>
  • Elmore County schools prepare for start of new year

    Elmore County schools prepare for start of new year

    Wednesday, July 30 2014 10:55 PM EDT2014-07-31 02:55:34 GMT
    (Source: WSFA 12 News)(Source: WSFA 12 News)
    The state's back to school state sales tax holiday weekend is this weekend, and it's just in time as Elmore County schools start back on Monday.     Around 11,000 students will show up on Monday and willMore >>
    The state's back to school state sales tax holiday weekend is this weekend, and it's just in time as Elmore County schools start back on Monday.More >>
  • Congress cooperates and fights as recess nears

    Congress cooperates and fights as recess nears

    Wednesday, July 30 2014 10:37 PM EDT2014-07-31 02:37:17 GMT
    Eager to begin a monthlong break, Congress leavened its customary heavy partisanship on Wednesday with a pinch of compromise, advancing legislation to repair the deeply troubled Department of Veterans Affairs.More >>
    Eager to begin a monthlong break, Congress leavened its customary heavy partisanship on Wednesday with a pinch of compromise, advancing legislation to repair the deeply troubled Department of Veterans Affairs and working...More >>
SMITH COUNTY, TX (KLTV) -

An East Texas family managed to escape a fire burned that burned their mobile home to the ground Friday morning, north of Tyler.

The fire broke out sometime after midnight in a trailer home in the 5400 block of FM 14, according to the renter, Patricia Carey.

Three adults and three children, ages 3,5, and 3 month old, were sleeping when one of the women smelled smoke coming from a back bedroom and ran outside.

It appears the home is a total loss, leaving nothing more than a pile of debris. No injuries were reported.

"I'm not worried about the house," Carey said. "I can replace a home, but I can't replace a life. I just thank God we're all safe."

Dixie, Lindale, Tyler and Red Springs fire departments all responded.

Carey said they will be staying with other family members until they can find a new place to live.

We will have any updates here on KLTV.com and Good Morning East Texas.

Copyright 2013 KLTV. All Rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow