Lamp blamed for fire that displaces 2 in Phoenix - WSFA.com Montgomery Alabama news.

Lamp blamed for fire that displaces 2 in Phoenix

Posted: Updated:
(Source: CBS 5 News) A bedroom lamp is believed to have started a fire. (Source: CBS 5 News) A bedroom lamp is believed to have started a fire.
  • More newsMore>>

  • 36 dead, 7 missing in Hiroshima landslide

    36 dead, 7 missing in Hiroshima landslide

    Wednesday, August 20 2014 9:54 AM EDT2014-08-20 13:54:23 GMT
    Rain-sodden slopes collapsed in torrents of mud, rock and debris early Wednesday in the outskirts of Hiroshima, killing at least 10 people and leaving 22 missing, the government said.More >>
    Rain-sodden slopes collapsed in torrents of mud, rock and debris Wednesday on the outskirts of Hiroshima city, killing at least 36 people and leaving seven missing, Japanese police said.More >>
  • Another American hostage at risk by Islamic State

    Another American hostage at risk by Islamic State

    Wednesday, August 20 2014 8:24 AM EDT2014-08-20 12:24:23 GMT
    Militants with the Islamic State extremist group have beheaded American journalist James Foley and are threatening to kill another hostage in retaliation for U.S. airstrikes in northern Iraq.More >>
    In a horrifying act of revenge for U.S. airstrikes in northern Iraq, militants with the Islamic State extremist group have beheaded American journalist James Foley - and are threatening to kill another hostage, U.S....More >>
  • Montgomery City Council passes pet ordinance

    Montgomery City Council passes pet ordinance

    Wednesday, August 20 2014 8:12 AM EDT2014-08-20 12:12:07 GMT
    The Montgomery City Council passed a new pet ordinance Tuesday night that includes an increased fee for pet owners whose dogs bite someone.The fee is going from ten dollars to one hundred dollars. TheMore >>
    The Montgomery City Council passed a new pet ordinance Tuesday night that includes an increased fee for pet owners whose dogs bite someone.More >>
PHOENIX (CBS5) -

A lamp is being blamed for starting a fire that severely damaged a West Valley house Thursday night and displaced two people.

Phoenix firefighters said an electrical short in the bedroom lamp sparked the fire about midnight.

A smoke alarm alerted the two people inside, and they safely made it out of the house near 78th Avenue and Indian School Road, firefighters said.

There was no monetary estimate of the damage, but the Red Cross was assisting the family in finding another place to live.

Copyright 2013 CBS 5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow