Serial cat killer's pretrial continued amid victim protests - WSFA.com Montgomery Alabama news.

Serial cat killer's pretrial continued amid victim protests

MESA, AZ (CBS5) -

Outraged victims and neighbors of serial cat killer Scott Andrew Graham were set to protest outside of the courthouse before his pretrial conference early Wednesday morning, but the case was yet again continued.

The case had already been postponed twice by his defense attorney in an alleged attempt to drag the case out with the intent of losing public and media interest over the appalling cruelty to neighborhood cats which spanned over a four- to five-year period.

Victims and concerned residents are requesting the termination of Mesa Animal Control officer Nick Cureton and his supervisor Diane Brady amid accusations that Cureton falsely stated one of the victims' families failed to identify their mutilated cat. This resulted in cruelty charges being dropped and Graham's release despite supposed overwhelming physical evidence gathered in his home, his vehicle and video documentation of Graham snatching the cat.

The victims group has also alleged Mesa police had information that Graham was following the resident who supplied surveillance footage showing Graham take their cat. Police falsely assured that person that Graham was locked up when, in fact, he was at home pursuant to posting bond.

Organizer Jan McClellan said, "False statements and evidence destruction are common in these cases. It's easier for law enforcement if the case is dropped - they don't have to work hard. Mesa Animal Control is corrupt with Brady at the helm, Cureton lying on reports, and police lying to those they are supposed to protect."

Graham's court appearance was set for 7:15 a.m. at the Mesa Municipal Court but has again been continued.

Stay with CBS5 and CBS5AZ.COM for future developments on this story.

Copyright 2013 CBS5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

  • NewsMore>>

  • NKorea hits Pence 'stupid' remarks, threatens to quit summit

    NKorea hits Pence 'stupid' remarks, threatens to quit summit

    Wednesday, May 23 2018 8:51 PM EDT2018-05-24 00:51:44 GMT
    Thursday, May 24 2018 2:02 AM EDT2018-05-24 06:02:24 GMT
    (AP Photo/Ahn Young-joon). Women protesters stage a rally for peace on the Korea peninsular near U.S. Embassy in Seoul, Wednesday, May 23, 2018. U.S. President Donald Trump labored with South Korea's Moon Jae-in Tuesday to keep the highly anticipated U...(AP Photo/Ahn Young-joon). Women protesters stage a rally for peace on the Korea peninsular near U.S. Embassy in Seoul, Wednesday, May 23, 2018. U.S. President Donald Trump labored with South Korea's Moon Jae-in Tuesday to keep the highly anticipated U...
    A top North Korean official says recent comments by U.S. Vice President Mike Pence were "stupid" and "ignorant" and again warns the country is willing to pull out of a planned summit with Trump.More >>
    A top North Korean official says recent comments by U.S. Vice President Mike Pence were "stupid" and "ignorant" and again warns the country is willing to pull out of a planned summit with Trump.More >>
  • Syria state-run media reports US-led airstrike on army posts

    Syria state-run media reports US-led airstrike on army posts

    Wednesday, May 23 2018 9:11 PM EDT2018-05-24 01:11:43 GMT
    Thursday, May 24 2018 1:53 AM EDT2018-05-24 05:53:09 GMT
    A Pentagon spokesman said there was "no information" to confirm or deny the reports. (Source: Raycom Media)A Pentagon spokesman said there was "no information" to confirm or deny the reports. (Source: Raycom Media)

    Syrian government-run media outlet is reporting that U.S.-led coalition airstrikes have struck Syrian army positions in eastern Syria near the front lines with the Islamic State group.

    More >>

    Syrian government-run media outlet is reporting that U.S.-led coalition airstrikes have struck Syrian army positions in eastern Syria near the front lines with the Islamic State group.

    More >>
  • Judge: President can't block critics on Twitter

    Judge: President can't block critics on Twitter

    Wednesday, May 23 2018 1:43 PM EDT2018-05-23 17:43:15 GMT
    Thursday, May 24 2018 1:42 AM EDT2018-05-24 05:42:52 GMT
    A federal judge in New York says President Donald Trump cannot block his critics on Twitter without violating the First Amendment. (Source: CNN)A federal judge in New York says President Donald Trump cannot block his critics on Twitter without violating the First Amendment. (Source: CNN)

    A federal judge in New York says President Donald Trump cannot block his critics on Twitter without violating the First Amendment.

    More >>

    A federal judge in New York says President Donald Trump cannot block his critics on Twitter without violating the First Amendment.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly