Wednesday, May 22 2013 3:27 AM EDT2013-05-22 07:27:22 GMT
Madison County deputies say four teenagers were shot at a high school graduation party early Wednesday morning. The shooting happened just after midnight at a home on Michael Drive. A partygoer told WAFFMore >>
Madison County deputies are looking for the person who shot four teenagers at a high school graduation party early Wednesday morning. More >>
Wednesday, May 22 2013 2:14 AM EDT2013-05-22 06:14:07 GMT
As reports emerge from Moore, Oklahoma, that nation has learned that schools caught the full impact of Monday's EF-5 tornado.Alabamians have also seen their share of devastation. Eight students died atMore >>
Tuesday, reporter Karen Church investigated how Alabama's newest schools, like Concord Elementary, are being designed to save lives. More >>
A Senate panel says Apple Inc. is avoiding paying billions of dollars in U.S. taxes, but the world's most valuable company says it is complying with the laws and pays "an extraordinary amount" in taxes to the...More >>
Now that tech darling Apple Inc. has been dragged front and center into the debate over the U.S. tax code, lawmakers are hoping that the spotlight on such a high-profile company could be the catalyst for Congress to take...More >>
Wednesday, May 22 2013 12:11 AM EDT2013-05-22 04:11:06 GMT
The Alabama Department of Transportation will conduct its annual rehearsal of the plan that helped safely evacuate the Gulf Coast during Hurricane Ivan in 2004 and Hurricane Dennis in 2005. On Wednesday,More >>
The Alabama Department of Transportation will conduct its annual rehearsal of the plan that helped safely evacuate the Gulf Coast during Hurricane Ivan in 2004 and Hurricane Dennis in 2005.More >>
WEST CHESTER, OH (FOX19) -
The West Chester Fire Department is reminding
citizens to change their batteries and their clocks on Sunday.
As we spring ahead one hour, The West Chester
Fire Department is reminding residents that one easy step can save their life
and the lives of those around them.
Residents are encouraged to take time to change the batteries in their
smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors. Residents are encouraged to test
the alarms and remind others to do so as well.
According to reports, the most commonly cited
cause of non-working smoke alarms is worn or missing batteries. Non-working
smoke alarms rob residents of the protective benefits the devices are designed
"Eighty percent of child fire fatalities
occur in homes without working smoke alarms," said West Chest Fire Department
Captain J. Scott Brooks in a press release. "It's a tragic statistic that could
be reduced by simply checking and changing the batteries in smoke detectors"
Residents are encouraged to change their
smoke alarm batteries once a year. Additionally, the International Association
of Fire Chiefs recommends that smoke alarms in homes be replaced every 10