Thief buys TV with disabled man's money - WSFA.com Montgomery Alabama news.

Thief buys TV with disabled man's money

If you recognize this man, call Guntersville Police Department. If you recognize this man, call Guntersville Police Department.
GUNTERSVILLE, AL (WAFF) -

A disabled man was robbed in the middle of a busy store, and it was all caught on tape.

Guntersville Police hope someone recognizes the thief who not only stole the man's wallet, but used his cash to buy a big screen TV.

The man was going to use part of the money from his disability check to buy a television, but the money was stolen, and it was the thief who bought a TV.

Jimmy Griffin is still not happy more than a week after a man took advantage of him.

Griffin was in the local Walmart looking to buy a TV.

"I pull out my wallet and give my girlfriend $150 out of it, and when I give it to her, I put my wallet back in my pocket," he said - or that's what he thought.

Instead, a shopper had come up to Griffin and saw Griffin's wallet fall to the ground. The man waited until Griffin got the television he wanted, then he slid the wallet back with his foot a bit and picked it up.

And so Griffin went to pay for the television.

"And when I got up front to pay for it, I said, 'My wallet. I done lost my wallet,'" he said.

Surveillance video later shows the man purchasing a television with Griffin's money.

In all, Griffin lost more than $800 in cash from his disability check, which included his rent money. Even the wallet was special.

"It hurt me because my granddaughter bought me an Alabama billfold," he said.

Griffin hopes someone can recognize the man who walked out a new television owner with his money.

Police said he left in a dark colored, late model Chevy S10 pickup truck.

If anyone has any information on who the man may be, contact the Guntersville Police Department.

Copyright 2013 WAFF. All rights reserved.

Thousands sing 'Happy Birthday' to Queen Elizabeth II

Saturday, April 21 2018 6:54 AM EDT2018-04-21 10:54:10 GMT
    Monday, April 23 2018 3:47 AM EDT2018-04-23 07:47:01 GMT
    (Toby Melville/Pool Photo via AP). Britain's Queen Elizabeth raises her glass during speeches at The Queen's Dinner, during the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting at Buckingham Palace in London, Thursday, April 19, 2018.(Toby Melville/Pool Photo via AP). Britain's Queen Elizabeth raises her glass during speeches at The Queen's Dinner, during the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting at Buckingham Palace in London, Thursday, April 19, 2018.

Queen Elizabeth II is marking her 92nd birthday with a star-studded concert in London.

Average price of US gas jumps 9 cents, to $2.83 a gallon

Sunday, April 22 2018 1:24 PM EDT2018-04-22 17:24:47 GMT
    Monday, April 23 2018 3:45 AM EDT2018-04-23 07:45:57 GMT
    The average U.S. price of regular-grade gasoline spiked 9 cents a gallon over the past two weeks to $2.83. (Source: CNN/TWITTER)The average U.S. price of regular-grade gasoline spiked 9 cents a gallon over the past two weeks to $2.83. (Source: CNN/TWITTER)

Kate Middleton going into labor with her and Prince William's third child

Monday, April 23 2018 3:38 AM EDT2018-04-23 07:38:08 GMT
    Monday, April 23 2018 3:42 AM EDT2018-04-23 07:42:10 GMT

Kate Middleton, the Duchess of Cambridge, and Prince William have two children, George and Charlotte.