Fire on deck spreads, destroys Lenexa home - WSFA.com: News Weather and Sports for Montgomery, AL.

Fire on deck spreads, destroys Lenexa home

Posted: Updated:
LENEXA, KS (KCTV) -

A home was destroyed Sunday afternoon by a fire that started in the attic.

The fire began about 2:30 p.m. Sunday. When firefighters arrived, they found the outside deck had collapsed and the flames had shot up onto the roof, catching the attic on fire.

The floors inside the home collapsed. The north wind fueled the blaze.

The home is in the 21700 block of West 100th Terrace.

The home is considered a total loss.

Officials declined to say whether someone grilling, not properly extinguishing a cigarette or another reason led to the blaze.

Copyright 2013 KCTV (Meredith Corp.)  All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow