Woman treated after fire guts home - WSFA.com: News Weather and Sports for Montgomery, AL.

Woman treated after fire guts home

Posted: Updated:
Woman treated for smoke inhalation in Phoenix house fire. (Source: Christina Batson, cbs5az.com) Woman treated for smoke inhalation in Phoenix house fire. (Source: Christina Batson, cbs5az.com)
  • More newsMore>>

  • After bombs, Boston Marathon under tight security

    After bombs, Boston Marathon under tight security

    Monday, April 21 2014 8:14 AM EDT2014-04-21 12:14:20 GMT
    One year after a pair of homemade pressure-cooker bombs killed three people and wounded more than 260 others, turning a day of athletic triumph into one of tragedy, the Boston Marathon returns to the streets Monday.More >>
    A year after a pair of homemade pressure-cooker bombs killed three people and wounded more than 260 others at the Boston Marathon, runners and spectators began filtering in Monday morning at the starting line in Hopkinton...More >>
  • High court to hear dispute about TV over Internet

    High court to hear dispute about TV over Internet

    Monday, April 21 2014 7:47 AM EDT2014-04-21 11:47:14 GMT
    Thirty years ago, big media companies failed to convince the Supreme Court of the threat posed by home video recordings.More >>
    Thirty years after failing to convince the Supreme Court of the threat posed by home video recordings, big media companies are back and now trying to rein in another technological innovation they say threatens their...More >>
  • 10 things to know for Monday

    10 things to know for Monday

    Monday, April 21 2014 6:24 AM EDT2014-04-21 10:24:54 GMT
    Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Monday:More >>
    Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Monday:More >>
PHOENIX (CBS5) -

A woman was rushed to a Phoenix hospital Sunday morning after a fire filled her home with smoke.

Phoenix firefighters say the home at 33rd Avenue and Cholla is a total loss.

The woman needed treatment for smoke inhalation.

There was a ruptured natural gas line in the home which helped fuel the flames, said Phoenix fire Capt. Jonathan Jacobs.

Crews are still working to figure out how the fire started.

Copyright 2013 CBS 5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow