27 people taken to the hospital after a CO leak at a Stow bowlin - WSFA.com Montgomery Alabama news.

27 people taken to the hospital after a CO leak at a Stow bowling alley

Posted: Updated:
STOW, OH (WOIO) -

More than 20 people taken to the hospital, after a carbon monoxide leak at a bowling alley.

Stow Firefighters were called to Sto-Kent Lanes around 11:40am Thursday, after someone had fainted.

Firefighters quickly determined that the cause was a carbon monoxide leak inside the facility. The facility was immediately evacuated, and Stow Fire Prevention shut the building down.

Approximately 30-35 customers were exposed to carbon monoxide, with twenty-seven or more transported to eight area hospitals.

Others were checked at the scene, and then refused further treatment.

Nine other fire departments in the surrounding area, in addition to Stow Fire Department responded to the situation. Those departments were; Munroe Falls, Kent, Hudson, Cuyahoga Falls, Tallmadge, Macedonia, Akron, Twinsburg, and Valley. Dominion East Ohio was also at the scene.

The City of Stow is continuing to monitor the situation and will follow up with any new developments.

Copyright 2013 WOIO. All rights reserved.

special

CONNECT WITH US

Updated:

LIKE Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Get Text & Email Alerts Download our Apps Send us photos & video

Powered by WorldNow