Stubborn attic fire damages couple's home - WSFA.com Montgomery Alabama news.

Stubborn attic fire damages couple's home

Posted: Updated:
  • More newsMore>>

  • WSFA 12 Special Report: Poison proof

    WSFA 12 Special Report: Poison proof

    Wednesday, July 30 2014 11:15 PM EDT2014-07-31 03:15:13 GMT
    (Source: WSFA 12 News)(Source: WSFA 12 News)
    It can be a parents worst nightmare. You discover an open container, and your child unresponsive nearby. It can be easy for children to get into something they shouldn't thinking it was a soda or candy,More >>
    It can be easy for children to get into something they shouldn't thinking it was a soda or candy, and end up in a life threatening situation.More >>
  • Elmore County schools prepare for start of new year

    Elmore County schools prepare for start of new year

    Wednesday, July 30 2014 10:55 PM EDT2014-07-31 02:55:34 GMT
    (Source: WSFA 12 News)(Source: WSFA 12 News)
    The state's back to school state sales tax holiday weekend is this weekend, and it's just in time as Elmore County schools start back on Monday.     Around 11,000 students will show up on Monday and willMore >>
    The state's back to school state sales tax holiday weekend is this weekend, and it's just in time as Elmore County schools start back on Monday.More >>
  • Congress cooperates and fights as recess nears

    Congress cooperates and fights as recess nears

    Wednesday, July 30 2014 10:37 PM EDT2014-07-31 02:37:17 GMT
    Eager to begin a monthlong break, Congress leavened its customary heavy partisanship on Wednesday with a pinch of compromise, advancing legislation to repair the deeply troubled Department of Veterans Affairs.More >>
    Eager to begin a monthlong break, Congress leavened its customary heavy partisanship on Wednesday with a pinch of compromise, advancing legislation to repair the deeply troubled Department of Veterans Affairs and working...More >>
NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV) -

A Nashville couple awoke early this morning to a fire that ripped through their attic.

The fire occurred around midnight in northwest Davidson County on Drakes Branch Road near Kings Lane.

When crews arrived, smoke was coming from the roof.

Officials said they believe the fire started from an electrical problem. The blaze was contained to one side of the home but later rekindled around 3:30 a.m. 

Flames about 10 feet high were seen shooting from the roof.

Authorities said the residents did not have fire insurance.

Copyright 2013 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow