Family displaced, dog rescued from Hamilton house fire on Monday - WSFA.com Montgomery Alabama news.

Family displaced, dog rescued from house fire

Posted: Updated:
HAMILTON, OH (FOX19) -

A family was displaced after a house fire in Hamilton.

Crews were called to the 200 block of Minster Street for a reported fire on Monday. 

Authorities say a resident was frying potatoes and went upstairs to check on his children. When he returned, the kitchen was on fire. He then gathered his children, got out of the home and had a neighbor call 9-1-1. It happened around noon.

According to fire crews, the blaze quickly spread to the second floor and attic area of the home.

The family's dog was rescued by Captain Roger Fields, a veteran of 29 years with the Hamilton Fire Department.

The Fairfield City and Fairfield Township Fire Departments were called in for assistance.

No one was injured in the fire. However, the family was displaced as a result and is being assisted by the Red Cross.

Copyright 2013 WXIX. All rights reserved.

 

Powered by WorldNow