Woman in hospital after house fire in Clanton - WSFA.com Montgomery Alabama news.

Woman in hospital after house fire in Clanton

Posted: Updated:
  • More newsMore>>

  • Lawsuits seek any Michael Brown juvenile records

    Lawsuits seek any Michael Brown juvenile records

    Wednesday, September 3 2014 1:36 AM EDT2014-09-03 05:36:02 GMT
    Lingering questions about Michael Brown could be answered Wednesday as two news organizations seek the release of any possible juvenile records for the unarmed 18-year-old who was killed by a Missouri police...More >>
    Lingering questions about Michael Brown could be answered Wednesday as two news organizations seek the release of any possible juvenile records for the unarmed 18-year-old who was killed by a Missouri police officer...More >>
  • CVS changes name, stops tobacco sales early

    CVS changes name, stops tobacco sales early

    Wednesday, September 3 2014 12:50 AM EDT2014-09-03 04:50:56 GMT
    As CVS sharpens its focus on customer health, the nation's second-largest drugstore chain will tweak its corporate name and stop the sale of tobacco nearly a month sooner than...More >>
    As CVS sharpens its focus on customer health, the nation's second-largest drugstore chain will tweak its corporate name and stop the sale of tobacco nearly a month sooner than...More >>
  • Montgomery residents, mayor respond to proposed trash fee increase

    Montgomery residents, mayor respond to proposed trash fee increase

    Wednesday, September 3 2014 12:22 AM EDT2014-09-03 04:22:23 GMT
    A proposed garbage fee hike has some Montgomery residents talking. Some say it will put a strain on citizens but city officials say it's necessary to keep the city's trash operations running they way theyMore >>
    A proposed garbage fee hike has some Montgomery residents talking. Some say it will put a strain on citizens but city officials say it's necessary to keep the city's trash operations running the way they are.More >>

One person is in critical condition after a fire broke out at a residence in Clanton Saturday morning. 

At approximately 12:15 AM, Clanton 911 received a call of a fire at 120 12th Street South.  First responders and neighbors reported hearing several loud explosions coming from the home.

61-Year Old Lorna Wright was found badly burned and transported to UAB Hospital by helicopter. 

While in transit by ambulance to the landing zone, Wright reportedly told medics that she had taken her oxygen off to smoke a cigarette when the fire began.

Following containment, firefighters discovered several oxygen bottles located near the apparent source of the fire, as well as two bottles that had apparently ruptured from the heat, likely causing the explosions.

The fire is still under investigation at this time, but no criminal activity is suspected.

Powered by WorldNow