Man fights Facebook accusations of rape - WSFA.com Montgomery Alabama news.

Man fights Facebook accusations of rape

Image source: MGN Online Image source: MGN Online
TOLEDO, OH (Toledo News Now) -

Chad Lesko says being threatened by a total stranger was his first clue something wasn't right.

"I was walking at Highland Park yesterday, a guy comes up to me and said, ‘You shouldn't be around here, this is a kids' area, you're a rapist.' I'm like, ‘Excuse me, no I'm not.'"

On Monday, someone posting as Nicole McCarthy posted on Facebook Lesko's picture, saying, "He's wanted by Toledo Police for 4 counts of rape. He raped three little girls and his own son."

It's a serious allegation which Lesko says isn't true.

"My girlfriend told me it was on Facebook," he said. "I was like, ‘Okay, what's going on? Send me the link.' Then my friend told me about it, too, so I went to the link. I was like, ‘This is not true.'"

While Toledo Police say Lesko is not wanted on rape charges, that one post has been shared more than 20,000 times.

"This is crazy, I'm scared to even walk down the street now because all of the drama that's been going on," he said.

According to Lesko, Nicole McCarthy is a fake account set up by the mother of his son, and he's hoping to clear his name and put this in the past.

"It's getting aggravating because I'm trying to live my life, I'm not trying to do anything bad, I've changed my life around."

Mobile users, click on the "Video" button in the app to watch this story. Download our app here.

Copyright 2013 Toledo News Now. All rights reserved.

• Man fights Facebook accusations of rapeMore>>

CONNECT WITH US

LIKE us on Facebook - Follow us on Twitter -  Get Text & Email Alerts - Download our Apps - Send us photos & videoMore >>

UK investigates 'network' of alleged Manchester attackers

Wednesday, May 24 2017 3:46 PM EDT2017-05-24 19:46:51 GMT
    Wednesday, May 24 2017 3:46 PM EDT2017-05-24 19:46:51 GMT

The government Tuesday night raised the threat to "critical", its highest level, following an emergency Cabinet session.

Playboy model pleads no contest for post of nude woman

Wednesday, May 24 2017 3:46 PM EDT2017-05-24 19:46:14 GMT
    Wednesday, May 24 2017 3:46 PM EDT2017-05-24 19:46:14 GMT

A Playboy centerfold who snapped a photo of a naked 71-year-old woman in a gym locker room and posted it on social media with insults about the woman's body is expected to appear in court to resolve a criminal charge in Los Angeles.

'We can use peace': Trump and Pope Francis meet

Wednesday, May 24 2017 3:46 PM EDT2017-05-24 19:46:10 GMT
    Wednesday, May 24 2017 3:46 PM EDT2017-05-24 19:46:10 GMT

The meeting could provide powerful imagery to Catholic voters back in the United States as well as the possibility for conflict between a president and a pope who have not often seen eye-to-eye.