The controversy surrounding Cincinnati's streetcar just won't go away. In fact, it has only intensified since FOX19 began asking for status updates on the project and budget. Since we requested thoseMore >>
The controversy surrounding Cincinnati's streetcar just won't go away. Since FOX19 requested status updates on the project and budget, city administration has turned over documents showing just how far off-budget the project is. So, is the project even financially possible at this point?More >>
The Cincinnati Streetcar Project needs more money, officials say. A memo written by City Manager Milton Dohoney Jr. was sent to City Council on Tuesday, revealing that the streetcar project will need more thanMore >>
Vice Mayor Roxanne Qualls has scheduled a public hearing on the status of the Cincinnati streetcar project for April 29. The hearing will take place at 6 p.m. in City Council chambers.More >>
Monday, April 29 2013 11:20 PM EDT2013-04-30 03:20:47 GMT
It was a packed house Monday night at a public hearing designed to get some answers about the troubled downtown streetcar project. Vice Mayor Roxanne Qualls called the hearing hoping to get an updateMore >>
It was a packed house Monday night at a public hearing designed to get some answers about the troubled downtown streetcar project. Vice Mayor Roxanne Qualls called the hearing hoping to get an update on the status on the much-delayed project.More >>
Tuesday, April 23 2013 7:50 PM EDT2013-04-23 23:50:56 GMT
As Cincinnati's administration works to find $17.5 million to plug the streetcar project's budget gap, FOX19 has confirmed one potential funding source to save the project is off the table. Currently,More >>
As Cincinnati's administration works to find $17.5 million dollars to plug the streetcar project's budget gap, FOX19 has confirmed one potential funding source to save the project is off the table.More >>
Saturday, August 23 2014 12:33 AM EDT2014-08-23 04:33:44 GMT
Montgomery police say they are initiating a death investigation following a shooting in north Montgomery Thursday afternoon.More >>
A man wanted for murder in North Montgomery turned himself in Friday. The victim's mother says he had threatened violence to her son before but that it didn't have to end in tragedy. She spoke to WSFA 12 News about what happened and she has a message for those who choose violence as a method to solve disputes. More >>
Saturday, August 23 2014 12:01 AM EDT2014-08-23 04:01:23 GMT
A Wetumpka mother is sounding off after she says her child was abused at day care. The mother says the sad part is her toddler daughter has Down's Syndrome and can't tell her what's going on. This motherMore >>
A Wetumpka mother is sounding off after she says her child was abused at day care.More >>
Friday, August 22 2014 11:35 PM EDT2014-08-23 03:35:14 GMT
The streets of Ferguson have been peaceful for another night, as protests and tensions have been subsiding in the St. Louis suburb where unrest had erupted for several nights after a white police officer fatally...More >>
Conditions calmed this week in Ferguson after nights of sometimes violent unrest stemming from the fatal shooting of a black 18-year-old by a white police officer. But a delicate and crucial question lingers: What happens...More >>
CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) -
Two Hamilton County Commissioners are requesting that OKI direct funding pledged towards the Cincinnati Streetcar Project elsewhere.
OKI, the Ohio-Kentucky-Indiana Regional Council of Governments, previously committed $4 million for the streetcar.
In a letter on Wednesday sent to OKI Executive Director Mark Polincinski, Commissioners Chris Monzel and Greg Hartmann address the projected cost increases for the project.
"In light of the City's projected significant cost overruns on the Cincinnati Streetcar project, we believe the 4 million dollars in OKI funds currently reserved for the Streetcar project could be better utilized on infrastructure projects that would benefit not only the residents of Cincinnati and Hamilton County, but the hundreds of thousands in the region who work or engage in commerce."
The letter goes on to request that the OKI Executive Committee further discuss alternative options for the $4 million.
Both Monzel and Hartmann are members the committee. Commissioner Todd Portune also serves as President of OKI and did not sign the letter as a conflict of interest.