Thursday, July 24 2014 2:35 AM EDT2014-07-24 06:35:51 GMT
The U.S. Supreme Court cleared the way for Arizona to carry out its third execution in the past year Wednesday following a closely watched First Amendment fight over the secrecy surrounding lethal injection drugs.More >>
A condemned Arizona inmate gasped for more than an hour and a half during his execution Wednesday before he died in an episode sure to add to the scrutiny surrounding the death penalty in the U.S.More >>
Thursday, July 24 2014 12:52 AM EDT2014-07-24 04:52:54 GMT
Dozens of Palestinian families trapped by clashes between Hamas militants and Israeli troops are scrambling to flee a southern Gaza Strip neighborhood as Israel reported that two more of its soldiers have died in...More >>
The United States announced signs of progress in cease-fire talks Wednesday, but prospects for a quick end to the fighting were dim as Palestinian families fled fierce battles in southern Gaza and the death toll rose to...More >>
Thursday, July 24 2014 12:37 AM EDT2014-07-24 04:37:16 GMT
Scam artists are targeting customers of the Central Alabama Electric Cooperative, or CAEC, according to company officials.CAEC is issuing an alert to its members, as well as the general public, to be awareMore >>
The phone rings and the caller demands payment and threatens to shut off your power if you don't hand over bank or credit card information. Central Alabama Electric Cooperative and other Alabama co-ops are having it happen to customers and they don't want others to fall prey to con artists. More >>
WILSONVILLE, OR (KPTV) -
A Wilsonville man using a propane torch to kill weeds accidentally set his house on fire Sunday afternoon.
Fire crews found flames climbing an exterior wall of the home and extending into the attic at 12020
SW Tooze Road.
Firefighters searched the home and rescued the family dog; everyone else was able to evacuate.
The homeowner came in contact with a pine tree while using the propane torch which caused the fire.
He reported that he did wet the tree down before working around it but the tree ignited anyway.
The fire caused significant damage to the roof structure and water and smoke damaged the inside.
There's no estimate on how much the damage will cost.
Copyright 2013 KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation. All rights reserved.
12 East Delano Avenue
Montgomery, AL 36105